Saturday, September 7, 2013

DC Life

Now that I have time, I will update you on the past week.

Tuesday at 3 am, I left Michigan. Yep, 3 am. My mom is a morning person and drove for a good chunk of the trip. We also had my brother's girlfriend, Shay, in the car with us. I packed so much stuff in that car!



Great traveling companion.


You may not be able to tell, but my mom, Shay and I are in this picture in front of the Capitol building.



Right around the corner from Union Station is Ebenezer's Coffeehouse. This is where I will be spending most of my time. I will have two offices... one here and one at the main office. Part of me loves it for the nerdy reason that I will have two places to bring office supplies. ha. I also have three sets of keys for work and I already feel like a janitor jangling my keys.


My roommate Allie and me on our first day! We did not get lost!


On our way to the church office, I noticed this library and had to take a picture. I am hoping to visit there a bit.


Our first day we were greeted with homemade poptarts from Ted's Bulletin. One of the choices was peanut butter and bacon. I was the first brave soul who chowed down on one... it was actually really good.

That night we went to dinner at one of the pastor's houses. They fried cookie dough and mint oreos. 

I am so in the right place (and not just because the church staff's love language is food!).

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Jen. sounds like a great start, love kel

    ReplyDelete