Friday, September 27, 2013

Conversations

I have been here for a little over three weeks. I feel like I am just getting to the point where I know my way around the city... or at least my little part of it.

I have had some really great conversations in the past few days.
~I met this man named John tonight at the concert I was hosting. He was an event supervisor and has seen some great shows (Chicago and Josh Groban included -- two I would LOVE to see).
~My landlords are awesome and go to NCC. Had a brief conversation with Jen about their housewarming party they had last weekend.
~I did laundry yesterday at the local laundromat. It was quite the experience. I met a lady who liked my laundry bag (and I was envious of her cart... I have a bag that makes me look like Santa lugging my laundry there). She was really friendly and told me that this laundromat was the cleanest and best in the area. She also told me about a few stores that might have carts like hers. It was just great to connect like that over laundry (of all things).
~We have a rental who uses Ebenezers weekly. I had my first conversation with the man in charge about something other than how they want it set up.
~My roommate and I went to H&Pizza yesterday. We chatted with the cashier (and enjoyed the best pizza I've had other than in Italy). The cashier was working two jobs in order to save up for a house.
~Monday night we had our first Alpha meeting. I met two women who go to NCC and were ready to connect in a small group. We find out our small groups on Monday.
~Freshmen of the City (FOTC). We had our second meeting on Tuesday and were placed in small groups. The people in my group were awesome! I am really excited to get to know more people in the DC area.

I have a feeling that God is just beginning with the conversations I will have at Ebenezers. I am so excited about what God is doing in my life, in this city, and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment