Saturday, October 5, 2013

DC needs your prayers

Growing up in a church that regularly put "pray for our nation's capitol" in the bulletin (do churches even have those anymore?), I never really followed through with that request.

Living in DC, it is so clear to me that the people here need prayer! It has been crazy these last few weeks with the Navy Yard Shooting, Government Shutdown, the woman in the car and man on fire making news.

I just got back from Catalyst (which deserves several posts) and went to Mark Batterson's breakout session. He reminded people that "National news is our local news" and that "even though the government shutdown, NCC is not shutdown". A lot of our NCCers are on "vacation" this week.


Greater things have yet to come, Greater things are still to be done in this city.

I am thankful for this time in DC. I am grateful to be part of a city of leaders.

Please note: this is not a political post and I do not want any comments based on sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment