Monday, October 7, 2013

Arlington National Cemetery

Yesterday I went to the Lincoln Theatre launch:


(I am in the picture.... You can click to enlarge it. I'm all the way to the left side) Photo credit: Adam Mason

It was a great morning to be at a theatre with a great history that can be part of an amazing Church future. God is doing amazing things in DC and I am lucky to be a part of it all!

That afternoon, I met up with my good friend Emily, her parents, and her boyfriend, Greg. It was nice to spend time with friends and tour Arlington Cemetery, a new experience for most of us. It was so much bigger than I had pictured it.

I love history and there is so much of it in the city. I feel ill-prepared most of the time, but you just need to experience it, even if you don't know everything about it. I would love to learn more about the requirements for the soldiers who guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

I was telling Emily's mom, Marji, that this protege experience at NCC has been even better than I had imagined it would be. I heard the following verses quoted that morning at Lincoln Theatre, but it applies so much to my protege year already:

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3.20-21) 

PS -- the exclamation point in verse 21 is in the Bible. Love that! :)






1 comment:

  1. i'm so enjoying watching, reading, viewing, and hearing all about your journey in DC. such rich history indeed. what an awesome experience you will remember for a lifetime! can't wait to see what God does next!

    ReplyDelete