Saturday, October 12, 2013

Catalyst Labs

How do you ever put into words an event like Catalyst?

I am really glad I paid the extra money to go to Catalyst Labs. I liked the smaller feel to it and it provided the breakouts that I was expecting to be a part of the regular Catalyst program. I was shocked that it was two days of sitting in an arena listening to speaker after speaker.

The labs were a nice setup for Catalyst. There were a few people from NCC staff who went early (our flight was at 6am, so I shared a cab with my boss who lives a few blocks from me).

I saw a few people I haven't seen in years. It was so good to reconnect.

It was amazing seeing Bianca live since I have followed her and her sister Jasmine on their blogs for years now.

I also noticed Los Whittaker's girls hanging out in the lobby area and was shocked to recognize them from the photos on his blog.

Breakout One was my favorite. It was Bianca and Rebekah Lyons. Someday I want to write a book. I found it very inspiring hearing a little bit of Rebekah's journey with writing, but also coming to grips with her weakness of anxiety. It has become her ministry.

I went to hear Mark Batterson talk about his new book, All In. It is always great to hear him because he loves to tell the stories of how far God has brought NCC. It's an amazingly rich history that I am blessed to be a part of now.

"Leaders are those who take the first step and trust God to reveal the second step." ~Mark Batterson

Bob Goff and Donald Miller closed it out... and what a way to go!

"Love God. Love others. DO STUFF!"

"It's the book of ACTS, not opinions."

"Stop calling it ministry. Call it Tuesday."

No comments:

Post a Comment