Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Variety of relationships

A few weeks ago I was walking down the street thinking about life.

That day, I saw a senator, three middle school girls singing along to music on an ipod while bouncing a basketball, and I met some of the guys who work at the Italian restaurant across the street from Ebenezers.

That sums up DC city life. The fact that I can come into contact with so many different people all in the same day.

Two weekends ago, I met with a guy in my small group who does life coaching. It was a very interesting conversation and I'm still processing what that means. We're meeting sometime this weekend to continue the process. It's just great to get a little insight into what God is doing. Two of my passions are middle schoolers and Italians. Amazing that just a few days before meeting with him, I saw those middle school girls and met the guys at the Italian restaurant. So cool.

I am beginning to see little "wins" with people here. It's been eight months since I started here. My weekly rental has been good. I am a consistent presence and I'm beginning to recognize regulars there.

We have a musician who got accepted to film school in Boston. I saw him recently and it sounds like things are great.

Prayer requests:

  • Funding for Northern Ireland trip in June.
  • I'm recruiting people for our street team to help with hosting + promoting concerts.
  • Lent season. NCC is doing the New Testament in 40 days. It has been challenging but also so refreshing! I'm so looking forward to Easter, though!
  • Job search. We met today with the HR Director about refreshing our resumes. I am going to send my resume out to anywhere and everywhere. I'm also trying to enjoy what is in front of me now without worrying too much about the future.
How can I pray for you? Shoot me an email or Facebook message! I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment