Thursday, November 14, 2013

God is up to something great!

Last week the NCC staff journeyed to Baltimore's Inner Harbor to have one or two days of meetings.
Mark always says "change of pace + change of place = change of perspective." It was a great place to dream, hang out with staff, and get updates on what God is doing in DC. I am excited to be a part of this church. The best is yet to come!

Baltimore's Inner Harbor (no, those are not UFO lights... it's a reflection of the hotel room lights in the window)


We had the top floor as our meeting space, so I came bright and early to try to catch the sunrise. Here's one of the pictures I took that morning.


Sunday night we had the Thrill of Hope listening party. It's the new Christmas music 714Music just released on Tuesday. My fellow protege, Ben, organized the entire event. It was a packed house and so fun to see Ebenezers full of some of my favorite people!

For the month of November, NCC is talking all about MISSIONS.

You can check out our website (or listen to podcasts on iTunes) to follow along.

It makes me so happy to be a part of a Church that is going to send out 27 short term mission teams next year and supports 80 global missionaries.

Tuesday night we had an event called A1:8 Innovate, which was a reminder that we can view work as mission as well.

Last Sunday I had the chance to teach elementary kids their month memory verse (and one of my life verses!).

Acts 1:8 (thus our missions department name of A1:8): But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witness in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and the ends of the earth.

Jerusalem = your neighborhood/city
Judea = your region
Samaria = cross-cultural in your area
The ends of the earth = international

God is up to something great in D.C. and every day I am so thankful for His provision but also His preparation. Who would have thought that all my random life experiences would prepare me for what I am doing right now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment