Thursday, February 13, 2014

Good Busy

As an introvert, I'm not ever sure that there's a good side to busyness. Lately I have had a lot to chew on because I have been learning a lot, meeting with new people, and hearing people's stories.

Have had great conversations with

  • a guy who works at a local church as the small group coordinator. I loved hearing his background in ministry, what God is doing through the small groups, and the fact that most people don't think they will like living in DC but end up loving it!
  • Monday night I went to another concert venue to see past performers from Ebz. It was great to touch base with the musicians as well as hang out with a girl from my Freshmen of the City small group.
I decided to get back on Twitter. This is my fourth attempt. @JenniButtonUSA because I'm pretty sure one of my other three attempts was simply jennibutton, but I shut it down. ha. Also there's a South African designer with my name.

February... six months into the protege "program". I really hate calling it a program because really it's just LIFE! I was telling someone earlier that it's less of a program and more networking and placing yourself in a posture of learning. 

Speaking of learning... 
At staff meeting on Tuseday, we talked about the Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace. Like the normal 5 languages, the choices are Touch (although that was left off the survey for workplace because it does not score high on anyone's workplace quiz), service, affirmation, quality time, and gifts.

My top two in everything are Quality Time and Words of Affirmation

I also took the Strengthsfinder test again. Mine are Achiever, Learner, Intellection, Input, Discipline. Last time I took it in 2011, I did not get input but rather developer. Interesting that I switched one...

That's the update! You guys are awesome! 
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment