Friday, February 28, 2014

BIG NEWS!

This summer, I am going to NORTHERN IRELAND!

Ok, there you have it.
No it's not a job offer.
Yes, it requires MORE fundraising.
But I am so excited and I know God will provide.

You can read more about the trip at NCC's mission site, Aone:eight. This ties in well with what I am gaining from my experiences as a protege. We will be helping a church put on a week long festival in the City of Derry. It will include concerts, which makes me really excited. This trip is also the encouraged youth trip, so I might get to work alongside middle school and high school students as well. There are other teams coming from other churches.

I am hoping my NCC network will be able to provide most of it, but I wanted to offer you the opportunity to be a shareholder in this part of my protege journey.

We are doing fundraisers locally as a mission team.
The total cost is $2400. I'm hoping to raise $24 a day for 100 days.

If I raise more than $2400, it goes into the general mission fund.
That being said, I could also use support in my personal support raising.

For the past six months, support has averaged to around $1000 each month, but they are not at all consistent. This month, I received less than $500 (my half of the rent is $600), which is what I get on a consistent basis. People who give one time gifts offset that cost. God is faithful to provide (even when I struggle to see how it will happen). Please consider giving, whether it is a one time gift or monthly giving for the next six months!

2 comments:

  1. OK Northern Ireland, but must you go that far when we are closer than that hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel, Wish I could make it to Detroit soon. I have no idea when that could happen, though! :/ Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete