Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Little bit more about Ebenezers

A few weeks ago, our church service was this entire film.

It's four stories of what God is up to around the world through the NCC community.

Ebenezers is one of those stories (if you don't have time to watch it all, that story is from minute markers 11:16-17:35). While Kody talks a little bit about music downstairs and how it was a church service (they used to have church services on the lower level but do not anymore), there is actually weekly concerts in that space and still music playing sometimes!

My natural love for all things music has made this job a great fit. It's amazing to me how God has prepared me for this moment. From the simple things of being detail-oriented (because keeping all these website postings straight is not for the faint of heart) to allowing me to live in a city for two months in 2006. From doing my youth ministry internship in Birmingham, England in 2006 to now, I have a soft spot in my heart for cities. Sure, I miss seeing the stars brilliantly light up the night sky. But I love where I am. I love who I am with in these moments. I love that I get to blend my love for people who don't know Jesus with the ministry of creating environments for people to experience the love of Jesus for the first time. It's a slow process of building relationships with people, but it is so worth it!

I have learned about hospitality, social media marketing, networking, audio/visual production (scariest one on the list by far). I have already experienced true community with a small group of friends God has placed in my life here.

I am looking forward to what the next year holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment