Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The story behind The Story

It all started with the simple invitation.

I received a text that said, "I have free tickets to see Steven Curtis Chapman in concert tomorrow. Do you want to go?"

Free concert + SCC. Yes, please. Channeling my inner middle schooler since that's when I started listening to SCC. Don't know of any recent music, but you cannot go wrong with a free concert.

I look up the concert yesterday afternoon and see Nichole Nordeman, Natalie Grant, and Casting Crowns will also be performing. Add to the middle school excitement some inner high school/college excitement. The women have powerful lyrics that I connect with. Casting Crowns is just a great band.

My friend who invited me, Becky, works for an organization that was started by Mary Beth Chapman and somehow got the hookup for this concert.

It turns out that it was music from The Story. Complete with orchestra.
It was great.
Powerful lyrics and amazing music (because all the music was written by Nichole Nordeman and Natalie's husband, Bernie Herms).

Having gone through the entire Story book with D-Groups (First Church's middle school group) last year, it was great to experience it in a musical way.
So sad. They made me put my good camera back in the car (AND empty my water bottle AND throw away my food in my purse), so this picture is as good as it gets.

Did I mention Becky had meet and greet passes, too?

Randy Frazee, author (and narrator) of The Story. Get ready -- he's writing a second book!

Steven Curtis Chapman. Enough said.

Great night. Great company. Great city.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha you are such a dandy..... I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to get you back to the mitten...

    ReplyDelete