Saturday, August 9, 2014

We are coming to the End!

I'm two weeks away from the end of my protege year. It seems so unreal. As I talk to the girl who will be the next Events Protege, I am overcome with the same emotions I had when it was the beginning: nervousness about details and how it will all work out!

A few things to wrap up (although I hope to post in the next two weeks).

~ If you are contributing financially for the month of August, I will receive the money on August 29th. I'm not sure of the cutoff date, but it'd be nice to get it in by Aug 22nd to the office just to be sure! There are no words for how much you have blessed me this past year in supporting me. I could not be in DC without you. Thankful for each of you.

~ I am job hunting. I got accepted into the C. S. Lewis Institute (basically reading a bunch of books, attending lectures, and discussing life in a small group for a year), so I would really love to stay in DC. I had an interview on Friday with Americorps, a position tutoring kids in literacy. I have an interview on Monday with a job agency called Careers in Nonprofits. I am still applying to jobs in the area, so please keep me in prayer as I navigate that. Wisdom is needed.

~ I gave my last TEDTalk on Tuesday. I haven't posted it to Youtube yet. I was having an awful day (less than three weeks from the end of our program and I still don't have a job... just a little discouraged). I WILL post it soon!

Thanks for all the support this year. It has been a wild ride, and I'm looking forward to what God has for me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment