Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I love life!

I'm not the same person I was a year ago (but who is, right?).
I've lived (survived?! thrived?!) in a big city for the past nine months.

I'm just a small town girl... on a journey (haha... see what I did there?).

Tonight I spent a few hours working on my resume. Luckily, I have friends who will double check to make sure I don't sound like an idiot on paper. I plan to apply anywhere and everywhere for positions in event management, student ministry, or administrative work in a non-profit, school, or church setting. If anyone has connections in any of these areas, please let me know.

I'm amazed that at this time last year, I had no idea I would be in DC. I had no idea that I could love a job as much as I do my current position.

The variety of people I get to interact with is awesome. Today at a rental I was working, I saw a powerful politician in person. It never ceases to amaze me that God brought to DC. I don't know what the future holds at the end of August when my protege year is done, but I DO know that God has blessed me immeasurably more than I could ask or imagine this year (hmm... sounds familiar).

I don't think I say it enough, but THANK YOU for all the prayers, packages, financial support, and encouragement throughout this year.

Prayer requests:

  • I am going to N. Ireland this June! So soon! Please pray for me as I brush up on some C.S. Lewis reading (who was from Belfast), prepare to embark on a journey with team members (most of whom I don't know well), and support raising
  • My resume will get in the right hands at the right time for the right position.
  • Continuing relationships with local artists. There are some talented people here in DC. There's a core group I have gotten to know and hope to get to know better.
  • Street Team Summer Small Group. For the past nine months I have led the Ebenezers Street team (basically people who help with promotion + hospitality to artists by hosting concerts). It's been a struggle to meet consistently, but I am leading a summer small group with hopes that we can gain a few more people. Right now my core group consists of four people. 
Thanks! Let me know how I can pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment